Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
ABSENTEE BY MAIL VOTING
Requesting a Ballot
1. To request an absentee by mail ballot, voters are required to complete the NEW absentee by mail ballot application that will be provided by the state—all request MUST be on the state form.
2. When applying for a absentee by mail ballot, voters MUST include ALL of the following information:
a. Voter Name as Registered
b. Date of Birth
c. Address as Registered
d. Address voter wishes ballot to be mailed, if different from Registered Address
e. GA Driver’s License / GA ID Card Number
f. Identity of the election the voter is requesting a ballot for
g. Name & relationship of anyone requesting the ballot, if requested by anyone other than voter
3. The absentee ballot application must contain a pen & ink signature from the voter requesting the ballot or authorized family member.
4. Voters may request a ballot no earlier than 78 days prior to an election and no later than 11 days prior to an election.
Returning a Ballot
1. Voter MUST sign the oath by writing his or her usual signature or mark with pen and ink
2. The voter MUST provide the birth date on the oath envelope
3. The voter MUST provide a GA Driver’s license or GA ID card number, or the last four digits of the social. If voter does not have one of the numbers to provide, the voter must provide a copy of one of the acceptable HAVA IDs with the ballot
4. Only the voter, or family member authorized by law, may return the absentee ballot to the registrars office
Ballot Drop Box Requirements
1. Jackson County has only ONE drop box, it is located at 441 Gordon Street in Jefferson.
2. The Drop Box MUST be located inside the building.
3. The Drop Box is ONLY available during advanced voting days/hours.
ABSENTEE INPERSON VOTING/ADVANCE VOTING
New Early Voting Hours
1. Early Voting will now be from 9AM to 5PM Monday-Friday for the 3 week period prior to Election Day. (Beginning the 4th Monday prior to Election Day for Primary, Special, and General Elections) Runoff Elections have only one week of early voting beginning the 2nd Monday prior to the Election.
2. For all Primary, Special, and General Elections Jackson County will have 2 days for Saturday voting from 9AM to 5PM.