CUT OFF to Register to Vote in the November 3rd General/Special Election is OCTOBER 5th, 2020
You can register online at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov or drop by the election office located at 441 Gordon Street in Jefferson
Absentee By Mail Ballot Information
· All registered voters are eligible to vote absentee by mail.
· Applications are available on county and state websites or at the election office.
· Election Office is accepting applications NOW for the November 3rd Election, Ballots will NOT be mailed out until MID-SEPTEMBER.
· VOTERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN THE OATH ENVELOPE FOR BALLOT TO COUNT!
· Voters are NOT required to vote by mail—In person early voting will take place October 12th– October 30th and Election Day in person voting will be at the voters assigned polling location on November 3rd from 7AM-7PM (see www.mvp.sos.ga.gov for your assigned polling location and sample ballot)
· We have a DROP BOX for Official Absentee Ballots located outside the Election Office (441 Gordon St in Jefferson) Voters may drop off their completed ballot in the box with NO stamp starting on September 15th.
· If you complete and mail in a application for an official ballot, then decide to vote in person during Early Voting or on Election Day—you will be required to bring in your official ballot and/or sign an affidavit prior to voting on the Election Equipment (be prepared for the process to take longer than the normal voting process)
· If you need to SPOIL your absentee ballot—YOU MUST INDICATE ON THE BALLOT AND OATH ENVELOPE!
If you have any other questions, please contact our office at 706-367-6377. Thank you.