Minor Guardianships

  • Temporary guardians are appointed for minors where one or both parents are still living, and with notice and/or consent of both parents.
  • Permanent guardians are appointed for minor when both parents are deceased or parental rights have been terminated by a Court.
  • Temporary or permanent guardians must reside in Jackson County.
  • Conservatorship of property of minor is required when such property is valued at over $15,000.00.
  • Nominated guardians and/or conservators must submit to a criminal background check.
  • Appointed conservators will be required to post a surety bond.