The Jackson County Probate Court accepts applications for Weapons Carry License and Renewal Weapons Carry Licenses by appointment only. Pursuant to the Executive Order entered by Governor Brian Kemp on May 8, 2020, the requirement that renewals of Weapons Carry Licenses that expire between February 13, 2020 and August 11, 2020. Further, all Weapons Carry Licenses that expire during the aforementioned period shall be considered a renewal if the holder of such license applies within 120 days after the expiration date on the face of said license.
Please complete the Online Weapons Carry License Application located on our website, make a note of the confirmation number, then call to schedule an appointment @ (706) 387-6275.
- Click here for Online WCL Application
RENEW WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
- The following are required for a Weapons Carry License renewal:
- An application is considered a renewal if the applicant's Georgia Weapons Carry License has 90 or fewer days remaining before the expiration, or has been expired for less than 30 days, regardless of the county of issuance.
- Renewals will not be fingerprinted, but a name-based background check will be run.
- Applicants must provide a valid driver's license or state issued ID with their current physical address.
- If such identification has a P.O. Box listed, applicants must provide proof of legal residence in this county. Accepted forms of proof of residency are: a rent or lease agreement, a voter's registration card, a utility bill, a paystub within the last 30 days, or a tag receipt/car registration.
- Cost for a renewal Weapons Carry License is $35. We accept cash or debit/credit (additional processing fee for cards). Checks are not accepted.