- Departments P-R
- Probate Court
- Marriage Licenses
- Jackson County Probate Court does not perform wedding ceremonies.
- Issued Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Please complete the Online Marriage Application located on our website.
- Both applicants must be over the age of 18 and must be present at time of application.
- One form of identification required: valid driver’s license, passport or other identification card containing date of birth.
- Additional requirements exist for minors who are 17 years of age; contact our office at 706-387-6286 for additional information.
- License will be issued at time of application; blood tests are no longer required.
- Georgia residents may apply in any county in Georgia.
- Out of state residents must apply in the county where the ceremony will occur.
- Marriage ceremony must take place in the State of Georgia.
- Proof of dissolution of previous marriage is required in the form of either a certified copy of a final divorce decree or a death certificate.
- No waiting period between issuance of license and marriage ceremony.
- Couples presenting a completed, notarized Certification of Completion of Qualifying Premarital Education at time of application of marriage license are entitled to a reduced marriage application fee.
- Fees: $56.00, or $16.00 with premarital counseling. Credit and Debit cards are accepted for an additional processing fee.
OBTAINING COPIES OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES:
- Marriage Certificates cost $10.00 each (add $2.00 for mailing fee). Requests can be made by email (email@example.com) or mail. Written requests must include a self-addressed stamped envelope along with payment, and should be mailed to:
Jackson County Probate Court
5000 Jackson Pkwy, Suite 140
Jefferson, GA 30549
- Marriage records are considered open records and may be obtained by anyone.