- Removes a person’s right to make decisions for their own person and/or property.
- Two types: Guardianship (of the person) and Conservatorship (of the property).
- May be filed by anyone knowledgeable about and interested in the welfare of the proposed ward.
- Must be filed in the county where the proposed ward resides or is found.
- Lengthy, involved process requiring the evaluation of a proposed ward by a doctor and the court appointment of an attorney for the proposed ward.
- Nominated guardians and/or conservators must submit to a criminal background check.
- Appointed conservators will be required to post a surety bond.
- Adult Guardianship Forms to Download
- Mandatory video on adult guardianship/conservatorship, please click for either English or Spanish.
Filing fees are due at the time of filing. No exceptions. We will not file-stamp originals or copies without payment.