New at Jackson EMS
Emergency Medical Services is one of the youngest professions with ties to emergency medicine. Getting our start in the mid to late 1970s, depending on where in the United States you check around that time. Through our early years, EMS has made some very significant changes in the way that we care for patients, as well as the equipment we use in doing that. Here at Jackson County, we are proud to say that we are making those changes and we are staying with and sometimes ahead of the latest and greatest with regard to EMS.
- 2000 - Fluid warmers placed onto ambulances.
- 2003 - EMS begins in-house pharmaceutical program.
- 2006 - Intraosseous drills placed onto ambulances.
- 2006 - EMS purchasing Freightliner Ambulances.
- 2006 - EMS purchases Philips MRX cardiac monitors.
- 2009 - EMS begins transmitting 12-lead ECG's to area hospitals.
- 2009 - EMS begins Hypothermia therapy guideline.
- 2009 - Paramedics begin carrying CPAP.
- 2010 - EMS purchases Stryker Power Pro Stretchers.
- 2010 - EMS begins new STEMI Guideline.
- 2010 - Oxygen powered ventilators added to EMS units.
- 2010 - Paramedics begin using laptop computers.
- 2010 - EMS employees begin CPR classes for high school students.
- 2011 - EMS begins utilizing automatic CPR devices.
- 2013 - EMS builds an ambulance station in the West Jackson area.
- 2014 - Bariatric stretcher system added to EMS fleet.
- 2014 - EMS begins operating a seventh ambulance.
- 2015 - Construction to begin on new ambulance station in the Commerce area.